How to find supported and convincing solutions
to my challenges and problems?
Talk to us about the
VCW-Value Creation Wheel®
WHY THE VCW?
- Key Decision Makers (KDMs) have a wide range of problems/challenges which are hard to solve due to a wide range of reasons such as problem complexity, paradox of choice, lack of stakeholders’ support, difficulties in integrating different perspectives, inexistence of a problem-solving process or of a governace model, among others.
- The VCW can only be implemented if the Key Decision Maker (KDM) is involved. The reason is because it is required to be a KDM to be able to implement a solution for a specific problem. A KDM is defined as someone that is committed to solve a challenge/problem at the organizational and/or individual level and has access to critical resources to do so, i.e. the 3Ms (Manpower, Minute and Money). Depending on the situation we all can be KDMs.
The VCW as a solution for KDMs:
- The VCW-Value Creation Wheel is a problem-solving framework which looks for well-supported and convincing solution(s) for Key Decision Makers (KDMs). To do so, it analyses a wide range of perspectives, includes a wide range of solutions and criteria for a specific problem/challenge, and might integrate tools from different fields (i.e., it is a meta-framework).
- The VCW has proven to provide well supported and convincing solutions to a wide range of relevant problems/challenges of individuals and organizations across different industries and countries.
- The VCW does not impose any pre-established solutions and magic formulas. It is a structured and agile meta-framework, which has the capability to integrate, be integrated and/or complement the more traditional “in-the-box” formulas/matrices with “outside-the-box” and “no-box” tools, frameworks and theories across different fields.
- The VCW can combine the different perspectives of KDMs and stakeholders, and get their support in the implementation of the final solution(s).
Who has been using the VCW over the years?
- At the organizational level, the VCW has been used for years by Key Decision Makers to find supported and convincing solutions to solve their challenges and problems. More specifically, the VCW has been used for example by:
- owners, C-Level, directors and other key decision makers for innovation governance, technology-transfer, transform strategy into tactics, product and/or market growth, organizational transformation and corporate change, internationalization, corporate innovation and intrapreneuship, overcome the lack of communication across departments, and other challenges.
- directors of SBUs and departments (e.g., MKT, HRM, OM, IB, INOV) to find transversal solutions across different fields for their specific challenges,
- consultants to provide services to organizations, governments, societies and NGOs,
- entrepreneurs to solve their daily challenges of start-ups (e.g., find the right partners, tech-transfer, financing, go-to-market),
- At the educational level, the VCW has been used by professors and students in over 20 countries and in courses across different fields as a supporting tool for consulting projects and problem-solving (e.g., innovation, value creation, entrepreneurship, decision making, marketing, int. business, strategy, business law, bioentrepreneurship, air traffic management). Tipically these are courses where there is a strong practical component and strong involvement of organizations with students’ real VCW projects.
- The VCW has also been used for years by Individuals to find supported and convincing solutions to solve their challenges and problems, only in situations where they are a KDM. It has been used for example by individuals to find:
- the most appropriate job?
- the value proposition for the job-market?
- which house/car to buy?
- where to emigrate?
- where to go on holidays?
- how to better organize my time?
- how to find an extra income?
It is used in over 20 countries by individuals as well as owners, C-Level, directors and other key-decision makers of organizations, governments, societies and NGOs to find a customised solution for their problems and challenges.
VCW’s components received coverage from leading international media (e.g., Time, Wall Street Journal), scientific publications (e.g., Harvard Business Publishing, Journal of Business Research, JIBS, Springer), and are taught in over 20 leading universities across the globe (e.g., Babson College, City University of Hong Kong, Korea University, Marseille University, MIT, Nova University of Lisbon, Vienna University).
WHICH SERVICES ARE OFFERED BY THE VCW?
The VCW offers a wide range of services in education, training, corporate governance and consulting. These services are offered to universities, executives, companies, organizations, primary schools, trade associations, partnerships between different organizations, event organizers, and NGOs. These services are customized and developed by the VCW for team building activities and help organizations and individuals to solve their own problems/challenges. The VCW team is also highly specialized in supporting Corporate Governance, namelly by creating VCW Innovation Ecosystems inside those organizations which desire to involve different stakeholders to develop a systematized innovation process (watch example).
HOW DIFFERENT IS THE VCW FROM EXISTING TOOLS & FRAMEWORKS?
1) The VCW offers WELL SUPPORTED, implementable and customised solutions to our own challenges.
2) The VCW meta-framework has a systematised process of discovering customized, consensual and implementable solutions (Go/No-Go). As such, the final solutions are often co-created and supported by the different individuals (e.g., the key decision maker and stakeholders).
3) The VCW creates value by offering supported solutions which can be defended due to a sequence of well-established arguments. As such, the VCW simplifies and saves resources in the problem-solving process.
Please explore over 300 VCW videos and projects at www.openVCW.com and this site: www.ValueCreationWheel.com. Contact us (vcw@ vcwhub.com) if you wish to find a tailored solution for your specific challenge aligned with your own vision.