SELECTED VCW MATERIAL & READINGS
What is the VCW? (Video)
WHICH SERVICES ARE DEVELOPED BY THE VCW LAB?
The VCW Lab has it headquarters at Nova School of Business and Economics in front of the beach in Carcavelos/Cascais. The VCW Lab researches and develops a wide range of products/services in education, training, consulting and/or corporate governance which are brought to the global market by its partners.
VCW partners include companies, organizations, universities, executive education centers, primary schools, trade associations, different organizations, event organizers, NGOs, the VCW Center at Nova, among many others. The products/services developed by the VCW Lab are customized with its parners to help organizations and individuals to solve their own problems/challenges.
One of VCW’s premium services is to support Corporate Governance, namelly through the creation/development of VCW Innovation Ecosystems inside organizations, which desire to involve different stakeholders to develop a systematized innovation process (watch example). This VCW Innovation Ecosystem is built on three fundamental layers:
- The VCW Governance Model that establishes the main responsibilities and functions for the innovation management challenges.
- The VCW Framework, which has five phases: 1) Identification of the problem to be solved. 2) Generation of solutions and filters. 3) Selection of main ideas and ranking of the “must have” and “nice to have” filters. 4) The VCF-Value Creation Funnel, followed by the development of concepts and prototypes. 5) The final decision phase, in which the implementation model for the final solution(s) is developed.
- The Network of Partners / Stakeholders, fundamental to increase the potential of the VCW framework. Through co-creation with all the stakeholders involved in the value chain (e.g., customers, employees, suppliers, distributors, investors, and shareholders), it becomes possible to solve the different problems/challenges in a consensual manner.
To explore examples of VCW products/services previously developed by the VCW Lab and tested in over 20 contries around the world visit www.openVCW.com.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME ONE OF OUR
BUSINESS AND/OR TECHNOLOGICAL PARTNERS?
The VCW Lab is mostly focused in a) R&D activities, and b) testing market adherence and viability of its problem-solving services/products (e.g., via education, workshops, training, events, and consultancy) across different industries and functional areas. Once the VCW Lab proves the market concept and market acceptance, together with its official partners (e.g., VCW Center at Nova). The main aim of the VCW Lab is to constantly develop new products/services and support scalability and growth of our partners around the world.
The VCW Lab is constantly looking for global partners with know-how in specific industries (e.g., aerospace, auto, biotech, coaching, consulting, engineering, energy, healthcare, finance, law, logistics, media, retailing, science, software, technology, tourism) and/or functional areas (e.g., A.I., cloud, big data, digital, governance, HRM, innovation, leadership, marketing, M&As, operations management, programing, strategy, technology).
The effectiveness of VCW’s partnerships is proven through projects in more than than 20 countries which helpted to solve challenges of individuals, local governments, NGOs, start-ups, SMEs, large organizations, and numerous Fortune 500.
Examples of organizations across the world who have applied the VCW method, often with the support of our partners, include: Airbus, AstraZeneca / Santis, AXA, Babson College, Bank of Cyprus, Cathay Pacific Airways, Claranet, Cyta-Vodafone, Credit Suisse, Crowne Plaza, Deimos-Elecnor Group, Eurocopter, Flying Tiger, Forbach city, Four Seasons, GDF Suez, Gemalto, GirlMove, IGT, INCM, InvestLisboa, IPO Porto, ITER, Healthcare City, Jerónimo Martins, Liga Portugal, Lufthansa Technik, Mastercard, MIT, McDonald’s, OKTAN, Otis, Piraeus Bank, Renova, Rio Tinto Alcan, Santander, Santa Casa Misericórdia Lisboa, Technik, theCamp, Thomson Reuters, Uniplaces, UPS, Vienna International Airport, among many others.
Each VCW official partner, can develop together with the VCW Lab its own VCW products/services, webpages, and proposals customised for its own B2G, B2B, and B2C customers.
Numerous examples of VCW R&D activities and VCW partnerships (e.g., products/services, workshops, training, events, consultancy, research projects) might be found at at www.openVCW.com
Both the VCW Lab and the VCW Center at Nova have their headquarters at Nova School of Business and Economics, Portugal. The establisment of win-win partnerships is our top priority. Please contact directly Professor Luis Filipe Lages (lflages @novasbe.pt), if you wish to discuss a win-win partnership.
LATEST NEWS FROM THE VCW CENTER AT NOVA
The VCW Center at Nova is supported by the VCW Lab and develops numerous products/services and go-to-market actions, quite often with different partners. Its products/services are present in numerous countries, industries, fields and functional areas.
VCW Internship Program: The VCW Center at Nova is currently hosting students (see link).
We are welcoming students from different schools with diverse backgrounds. The VCW Center at Nova, in the wonderful campus of Nova School of Business and Economics in front of the ocean (Portugal), allows undegraduate, graduate and post-graduate students from different fields to do an internship at Nova SBE Ecosystem, while having the opportunity to design their own internship experience.
Which benefits can I get from doing an internship at the VCW Center at Nova? Please explore the internship link.
What is your passion? We will match your interests with our needs during your internship.
Luis Filipe Lages was recipient of the 2018 American Marketing Association Research in Excellence Award
This award recognised his JIBS 2008 work with Sandy Jap & David Griffith as “an outstanding article published in a widely recognized and highly respected refereed journal that has made a significant contribution to the literature on global marketing in previous 10 years”.
The VCW is used in over 20 countries by individuals as well as owners, C-Level, directors and other Key Decision Makers (KDMs) of organizations, governments, societies and NGOs to find a customised solution for their problems and challenges.
VCW’s components received coverage from leading international media (e.g., Time, Wall Street Journal), scientific publications (e.g., Harvard Business Publishing, Journal of Business Research, JIBS, Springer), and are taught in over 20 leading universities across the globe (e.g., Babson College, City University of Hong Kong, Korea University, Marseille University, MIT, Nova University of Lisbon, Vienna University).
HOW DIFFERENT IS THE VCW FROM EXISTING TOOLS & FRAMEWORKS?
1) The VCW focus exclusively on solving challenges of KDMs. Moreover, it involves the KDMs in critical stages. This explains the high success rate of the VCW framework and why the majority of the final solutions are implemented.
2) The VCW meta-framework can complement, integrate or be integrated by other frameworks in order to find well justified, implementable and customised solutions to the challenges of KDMs.
3) The VCW has a systematised co-creation process of discovering customized, consensual and implementable solutions (Go/No-Go) for KDMs. As such, the final solutions are often supported by the different stakeholders.
4) The VCW creates value by offering supported solutions which can be defended by KDMs due to a sequence of well-established arguments. As such, the VCW simplifies and saves resources in the problem-solving process.
WHO MANAGES THIS WEBPAGE?
This webpage is managed by the VCW Lab, which has its headquarters at Nova School of Business and Economics, Portugal. The main goal of this webpage is to inform VCW’s partners, advanced VCW users, VCW’s internal and external stakeholders. This page is complemented by the page of the VCW Center at Nova where different products/services and actions are presented.
Contact the creator of the VCW (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you wish to become a VCW partner and/or develop a tailored solution for your challenge.
PORTUGUESE MEDIA (IN PORTUGUESE)
O que é a VCW para os media portugueses?
Qual a visão dos media brasileiros?
Qual o impacto da VCW a nível governamental, sectorial e áreas empresariais?